Monday 29 September 2008

Camille Pissarro paintings

Camille Pissarro paintings
Carl Fredrik Aagard paintings
Caravaggio paintings
was scarred with pox and his mouth was drawn with laughing at the sorrow about him; and daily he came to the cell and no other man did the Lady Elizabeth see, except Antony who had been her lover. And as winter grew into spring and the hate increased in the eyes of Elizabeth, so there grew also desire for the love of that man that was lost to her. And Antony who slept on the wet stones and ate the rotten bread was agued and sick and too weak to move from his corner; only his eyes followed Elizabeth as she moved in the cell.
One day when the food had been set before her, the Lady Elizabeth said, “Turnkey, am I still beautiful?”
And the turnkey answered:
“Not with the beauty in which I first saw you, Lady Elizabeth; for your cheeks are grown pale and your hair dull and coarse, and all your fair skin is blotched and dirty. Yet are you still very beautiful.”
“I have not seen my image for many months. Let me look in your eyes and see if I am still beautiful.”

No comments: